This crock pot recipe, while not really a dinner recipe, is farm to table ready and inspired by Iris and Trish of The Lake Season*, who had a dream, chased after it, and caught it. The Apple Granola Breakfast Casserole looks to be the perfect dish to serve your overnight guests or for holidays. It’s easy enough to prepare the night before, and you will have a hot, healthy, and delicious breakfast or brunch ready and waiting for you in the morning.
Easy enough to prepare the night before, this is the perfect dish to serve your overnight guests or for holidays.
Apple Granola Breakfast Casserole
- butter for greasing crockpot
- 8 medium, tart apples, cored, peeled and sliced
- 2/3 cup dark or golden raisins
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups granola cereal
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Place apples in buttered crockpot. Add raisins, brown sugar, maple syrup and cinnamon; mix well.
- Stir together granola and melted butter; add to crockpot and mix well. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 9 hours. Serve with milk, cream or vanilla yogurt.
*affiliate link (learn more)